Wednesday 13 August 2014

13th of Blaugust - K - K'nex thing I won on Sunday

On Sunday night I was at Ultracade, which was kinda cool. It was a game themed night at the La Boheme Cocktail bar complete with gaming themed music and retro tournaments. I managed to come second in the Super Mario Kart tournament and so I managed to score this with compliments to Shin Tokyo.


It's quite clearly a K'nex Mario Kart Wii motorcycle and because I was hard stretched to find something beginning with K to blog about it seemed to fit the mould. So I thought I would put it together step by step and you could all follow along.


Step 1: Put what clearly look like Lego bricks together.


Step 2: Add another layer of clearly-not-Lego bricks.


Step 3: Now we have some actual K'nex pieces. Make sure you attach that wheel good and proper!


Step 4: Attach giant moulded plastic bit to rear wheel bit. Don't forget your exhaust pipe.


Step 5: Now we attach front wheel to the ready supplied front section. Attach front section to back. Don't forget the handle bars.


Step 6: Put the Mario minifig-rip-off on your bike.


Step 7 (Not labeled as a step but it really should be): Attach your stickers and congratulations! You're done!

All in all it wasn't that hard to put together and felt more like Lego than a K'nex set. Is Lego really that popular that an already established toy brand has to rip them off?

Well that's another one down. Tune in tomorrow where I discuss a new show that I've been really into of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment