Sunday 24 August 2014

24th of Blaugust - Alphabet Free Sunday - Weekly Beats 2012

I'm having one of those mental blank days today really. When you realise that you've got only a small ammount of time left and you really don't know what you're going to do. I experienced this a lot during 2012 when I was doing something like this for an entire year.

Weekly Beats is a website with a very significant challenge. The aim is to publish a song every week for  an entire year. I didn't decide to do it this year. This was partly because I didn't know it was a thing this year and partly because I had already done it a few years ago and know how hard it actually was.

All my 2012 tracks are still up on the website here.

Quite a few of them I am proud of. Other's not so much. But I managed to do 52 tracks within the time constraints. It was never a competition but I still managed to do it. Which was made all the more harder because I started living at home, moved to the UK jumping from place to place before finding somewhere to rent, discovering living in London was a bad idea. Moved back to Adelaide (managing to upload a song on the remnants of mu UK phone credit with 5 minutes to spare), moving to the Barossa Valley and trying to find somewhere to rent while staying at a caravan park, getting a place, not having internet at that place for a month, getting a job in the Riverland and staying in a caravan park until I got given my house from the government (while still still going back to the Barossa on weekends), returning to the Barossa after that contract was done to finish the year then moving to another house in the Barossa in late December. It was a CRAZY year! But the music kept constant. I remember being up at 3AM on a  Monday morning at my place in Berri trying to get songs in before the 9:30 AM cutoff time and surviving Mondays on very minimal sleep.

So one blog post day for only a month when I'm staying in the same place for me is childs play in comparison.

Hard to believe that after today there's just seven posts left in Blaugust. Some awkward letters coming but it will still be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment