Saturday 9 August 2014

9th of Blaugust - H - Homestar Runner

Everybody loves the Homestar Runner. He's a teriffic athlete! He was also the face of a brilliant flash animated website back in the early 200'0s.


However it was the Mexican werstling counterpart that made the website famous. The once regular Strongbad Emails contain so many quotables that they are almost of Simpon levels with people that I know. Even when getting onto this computer that I'm borrowing to write this I get told that the system is old. I instantly respond by saying "the system is down," and nearly breaking into song.


Unfortunately, like all good things, they had to come to an end. And so was the story of the Homestar Runner website. However all the animations are still up on the website (in which the full screen homestar runner firefox extention is essential for seeing them perfectly). It is also something that refuses to go away.

For example somebody took this one song...


...and managed to remix it into the last Daft Punk album!


The creators even decided to finally update the intro to the website as an April fools joke.


As a result of the positive feedback they may even consider starting back up again. That would be simply brilliant.

Because I'm writing this at someone elses house after hijacking a PC I think I should probably end this. I will just leave you with my favourit of all the Strong Bad emails. Technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment