Saturday 1 August 2015

31 Blaugust Posts You Must See to Believe! - Number 14 is hilarious!

So the month of August has come around heralding a new start to my Blaugusting adventures. I had a template last year with my alphabetical journey but I didn’t really want to do that again. Partly because it was a bit stressful trying to find something to write about every day but also because I was a bit limited by what I could actually talk about. So I thought I’d just go with an “anything goes” attitude.

Which is why I’m sitting here with absolutely no idea what to write about. Guess it’s going to be a stream of consciousness post today then.

I guess I could talk about my new monitor I got at an auction yesterday. It’s a Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP if that means anything to you. It’s got a screen resolution of 1920x1200 is 24 inches and 16:10. Full HD with some extra height basically. As far as inputs goes it has Display Port, HDMI, 2 DVI’s, D-Sub, Component, S-Video and Composite! That’s a lot of inputs! It also has 4 USB 2.0 ports, SD card and Compact Flash reader. And I don’t have to mention that it looks amazing! Considering I managed to get it for a little under $80 I am incredibly happy.

It’s going to be part of my new PC i’m putting together some time this week. I’ll probably go more in depth into it when I gat it built. Basically I’m putting together something I can game, code and do audio production on. So when someone told me there was an auction on some stuff to happen on Friday I jumped at anticipation. When I went to collect it I was told that it came from the ABC Collinswood studio. So I guess that’s who their managing their budget efficiencies. If my account had way more money at the time I would have got three of them and rocked a triple monitor setup. Not fully possible now but there may be opportunities in the future. I’d need a new desk if that were to happen realistically. 

I guess I should make some plans as to what I’m going to talk about over the month. So for I have one idea, but I didn’t find it appropriate to do it just yet. Give me time and it will happen though. Perhaps I could write some topics and pull one out of a hat if I need some inspiration. I could always go on about what Anime i’ve been watching lately or Eurovision. There’s ALWAYS time for Eurovision!  A quiz would be novel but that’s definitely Thom’s domain. But I know you most definitely won’t see me writing about AVCon this time around. That’s a Pandoras box that fully deserves to stay shut and it’s the off period anyway.

Perhaps I could cook more and talk about that? I used to be really into cooking but I’ve kinda backed off these last few years. Mainly because of the company I’ve been keeping around the house. There’s always someone (usually of the parent variety) that has to interrupt with a list of obvious questions. What are you making? Are you making soup? What’s in it? Are those mushrooms you’re cutting? How long is it going to take? Are you going to wash up? It stops being fun when that happens. I’ve already put myself off again! It’s so much easier when their away for whatever reason and I have the house free. None of that stuff ever become a problem. Naturally I start cooking on a daily basis to make up for lost time. You’re probably wondering why I don’t just cook for my parents every now and then? The answer could easily be it’s own post. So I guess there’s another day covered then?

Well either way it’s going to be an eventful month of writing things. If you want me to talk about specific  things then I’m open to suggestions. But until then,


Have fun and stay Sexy!

2 comments:

  1. I would also recommend getting a second monitor for extra utility (see blogging while you blog). Of course this means more power usage so get an LCD or something ecofriendly.

    ReplyDelete