Saturday 22 August 2015

Unfinished Buisness

Today I am going with a writing prompt I saw on one of Thom's posts.

What some big things you've started but never finished?
My word I could answer this question entirely with TV shows. And that is exactly what I plan to do.

First off, many of you may know of my plan to watch every Eurovision Song Contest ever staged. That is with the two exceptions of 1956 and 1964, both of which the footage is lost but the audio remains. I started this last year where I was just watching DVD's I got from the library but then I went toward YouTube for the ones that have not been sold in stores. Of the 60 that have been staged, I think I have about 20 of them left from memory. Which is exactly how many of them I had left to watch after about June this year. I go through stages where I watch a bunch of them, then leave it behind to watch other things.

Which is exactly what I did when I told myself I would watch ALL of Seinfeld. There are 9 seasons if Seinfeld that were made. I think I died of around when I was watching the fourth. Though I did watch the occasional ones out of order. I mean, how can you say you're a fan of Seinfeld if you haven't seen the Soup Nazi episode?

Then there was Star Trek: The Next Generation. I had seen all of the original series and all the movies. And I don't just mean the two reboot films either. I've seen the original series ones (including that really shit one William Shatner directed it) and the Next Generation ones, mainly because they came in the same box set. So I wanted to actually experience The Next Generation. I even BOUGHT DVD's of them. Once again i got up to the fourth season of that one. About four or five episodes after "The Best of Both Worlds Part II." I really should get back to the Next Gen. I know it's something I definitely will complete eventually but there's way more Star Trek to experience as well.

Then I thought it would be a good idea to actually watch The Simpsons from the very start and stop when it started to get sour. I think I made it up to partway through the third season of that before I got distracted.

So why am I talking about shows I have claimed I will watch every single episode of? Because I had the idea that I would start another one! I thought because Top Gear is going to be undergoing a drastic change (based on sacking Jeremy Clarkson), I thought I would watch them all from the very start. I don't know how long it will last but I'm partway through the first series. The one where James May isn't even on the show yet.

Why do I do this to myself?

Will I ever finish any of these? I don't honestly know. I will absolutely finish the Eurovision journey (of which there is a post that is long overdue in the subject) and probably the Star Trek TNG. Everything else is up in the air though. But for now, I do have an episode of Top Gear I plan on watching.

So Until Tomorrow,

Have Fun and Stay Sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment