Thursday 20 August 2015

Meet my Anime girls! I mean Computers!

So today I have had a very uneventful day. I had the day off due to being sick and all so I have spend most of today either in bed or gaming on my new PC.

All my computers since 2006 have been named after Anime girls or been given one retrospectively. The first one I named was a Dell Laptop I got in 2009. I named her Kagami from the character from "Lucky Star". Then there was my desktop I built in 2008. That became Asahina from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". Up next was Nagato (also from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"), my ancient Compaq laptop from 2006 that was steadily falling apart at the time. Hence the need for a replacement. Sometime around 2010 I got myself an eeePC to play around with. She became Ushio, named from the "Clannad" series. I also ended up with an HP machine I got from a school I was working at for $20. I was originally going to turn it into a MAME cabnet but it served many other duties instead. She became Haruhi (Surprise! Surprise! Also from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya")!

In 2011 I ended up moving to the Mac platform with an i7 Macbook Pro which I still have and upgraded pretty much to the limit. She was christened Mio from "K-on!". I also got handed down my mums old laptop in 2014 when Windows XP bit the dust. I still actually use it for windows XP related stuff. I named her Asuka from "Neon Genesis Evangellion". She was also the first PC not named after a series by Kyoto animation.

So when this PC came to life I knew it was time to give her a name. I went with Reina. She's named after Kousaka Reina from "Hibike! Euphonium" which is an awesome Anime based on a High School Concet band aiming to compete in the national high school band competition. Reina is a first year (Year 10 equivalent) trumpet player who is good at what she does and only strives for brilliance despite how others think of her. So definitely thought she was worthy of being the name of my new machine. I also went back to a Kyto Animation series this this girl.

 So that's my story when it comes to naming my computers. Tune in next time for when I desperately write a post in the last half hour of the day! But for now, back to my gaming!

So Until Tomorrow,

Have Fun and Stay Sexy!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to make fun of your for naming your computers after anime girls, but I name mine after Roman emperors, so I think that I'll just shut up.

    See, there's jsut so many good characters in Euphonium that I'm sad that you picked Reina. Should have been Tuba-kun all the way.

    ReplyDelete