Monday 3 August 2015

Everyone loves to party!

Now let’s talk about ponies!

…and there goes my readers!

But I’m actually serious. I had a song stuck in my head all day and it was from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. That show I talked about way back last year. But I didn’t just want to leave it at that. I knew that I was probably going to so some MLP fanboying anyway so it may as well have some structure.

There are 6 major characters to the MLP:FIM series. The “Mane Six” as it were (this show is full of glorious puns. There’s even cities named WHINNYapelos, MANEhatten FILLYdelhipa and for goodness sake!) one of the craziest of them is Pinkie Pie. She’s the self confessed party pony and loves making everyone feel happy. This can only be displayed in a brilliant musical number from the show that I have stuck in my head.



Pinkies role is pretty much as the comic relief as she’s always breaking out into song and dance, goofing off and usually abiding by the laws of cartoon physics. But why is she like this? Because she grew up on a rock farm of course. What? that answer wasn’t satisfying enough? Well it was boring place and one day she decided to throw a party for her family to liven the rock farm up. She discovered she had a special talent for it and has been doing it ever since. She’s one of the best party ponies around. Though there was one who tried to steal that title from her.

 This guy!

Weird Al Yankovic? Yes! Weird Al Yankovic! Or more specifically Wierd Al acting as a guest star of the role of Cheese Sandwich, a traveling party pony. He came into town sing and dancing, swept everypony off their hooves and tried to take over one of Pinkies parties she was organising.  Of course Pinkie was having none of that and eventually challenged him to a goof off.

Here it is in all it’s glory!



In short, Pinkie is awesome! But she’s not even my favourite character. We’ll leave that for another time. Fo now I’ll just leave you with her impersonation of Pitchy!


So until tomorrow,

Have Fun and Stay Sexy!

2 comments:

  1. You misled me by tricking me into reading this with a picture of Weird Al. Instead I get ponies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much for hiding your power level.

    ReplyDelete