Tuesday 4 August 2015

Windows 10 - It's great and dumb at the same time!

So I'm sitting here at the UniSA City East campus waiting for people to show up to ALAS so why not bash out a Blaugust post?

I'm using my Macbook freshly upgraded to Windows 10 and all is well so far. A few settings I've had to tweak but so far so good. First off you definitely want to shrink that search box on the taskbar. A simple right click on the taskbar will sort that out. Not too hard at all. Other issues were a bit for tricky. I had to reinstall my Boot Camp drivers to be able to control the media keys on my Mac. But the brightness of my screen was screwed. Turns out there's this setting which was around since Windows 8 to have the screen automatically adjust brightness which is fine if it worked. It just screws with me so that HAD to be disabled. It's hidden away in the "Power Options" in the control panel which you can get to by right clicking the icon in the system tray. Not the "Power & Sleep Settings" you get to by left clicking the same icon. Two different settings screens! Yuck! That's a hang on from Windows 8 they definitely should have fixed by now! Good thing I've already learned the "UI Eccentricities" of Windows 8 so I wasn't going in uninitiated. But apart from that, everything is fine so far.

The boot of my car also contains an assortment of computer hardware that I plan on assembling into a computer over the space of the next twenty four hours. That will probably have Windows 10 on it as well if they're still honouring the free upgrade just like they should be. I discovered that you can get the upgrade done when you want to install it rather than waiting for your turn to install it by using Microsoft's download tool. I think you still need to reserve a copy but I'll try the option to do a fresh install on the new desktop.

Well people have shown up now so I'll end it here. So until tomorrow,

Have Fun and Stay Sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment