Friday 7 August 2015

Bringing a Sparkle to your day!

So I thought I'd just do a regular old post but I was tempted to do another one of those posts. But then I thought to myself, "no Jenny, be civilised. Nobody want's to read about that stuff again."

Then Thom linked everyone to his Raptember video (I Like Big Pots and I Cannot Lie) so I was like, "THAT'S IT! PONIES IT IS TODAY!"

Why? Because I've had this PMV stuck in my head. What's a PMV you ask? If you know what an AMV is (Anime Music Video) then it shouldn't be too hart to work out what the P stands for.

You made me do it Ted!

So for all of you that are still actually reading I guess I'll talk about another one of the the Mane Six. This time it's the main character's turn. Twilight Sparkle is her name and she started life as a Unicorn that studied magic in the capitol of Equestria, Canterlot is it's name (A Pun on Camelot which I can't believe I only just got until I wrote it down.). As she is a hug bookworm, she constantly focused all her time on studying and would refuse to make time for her friends. She was a student of Princess Celestia, the head of state of this place, who was like, "Girl, you got to get social," and sent her to go and study friendship in a small town named Ponyville.

There she met the other main characters and that's where she effectively goes from the role of the main character to that of a plot device. This is mainly due to the fact that whist she is THE main character, there are five others. Plenty of the episode are character based where everyone gets their time to shine. Twilight doesn't seem to get nearly as many. Though Twilight's focus episodes are pretty interesting when they do happen. They usually focus around the fact that she's a perfectionist, to the point of going further than anal retentive and going batshit insane. The season 2 episode "Lesson Zero" is a perfect example of this. She has her regular letter on what she's learned about friendship due (a running theme through season 1) and she can't possibly deal with the fact that she could be tardy.



Of course it gets sorted and she eventually only has to write those letters when she discovers something about friendship, this get's extended to the rest of the mane six as well. Making Twilight's role in the show even more watered down. But she is still the glue that holds is all together. They even promoted her to a princess and the end of the third season which means she goes from Unicorn to Alicorn, which basically means she gets as set of wings as well.

So in short Twilight may not always get the main spotlight like you'd expect the main character to have but she's still important and plays her part. An important character, but still not my favourite character. So there's going to me more Pony posts. Deal with it.

So until tomorrow,

Have Fun and Stay Sexy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so terrifyingly influential around these parts, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could link the 4chan Pony Thread Simulator if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete