Tuesday 11 August 2015

Blah blah blah blah Blaugust blah blah blah...

So it turns out that I have to learn LaTeX between now and 3:30 pm tomorrow. This is all due to one of my uni classes which is a group project. All documentation and minutes have to be in LaTeX and I am the only one that has english as their first language. So naturally I became delegated to be the groups secretary.

The project involves navigating a map with a Lego Mindstorms robot that has been flashed with Java. Java I learned before starting this course so I don’t think I’ll have any problems with that though I am unsure how much everyone else knows about Java.

So what else can I talk about? Perhaps I could ask everyone around me considering most of my Blaugust reader are currently in the room with me. That room, of the thing I’m not writing about. But that doen’t meen I can’t write about ehat everyone is doing right now. 

Thom wanted to sit next to me! That’s awesome! But I’ll change me desktop background to a collage of ponies that changes every 5 seconds just to troll him. I don’t really know if it’s working. I guess I’ll find out.

r u mad thom? r u? r u really? why u mad though?

So I discovered that there was a big Dota 2 tournament that ended really awkwardly. They wanted to end it with a DJ so they decided to get Deadmau5 (pronounced, “dead mouse” for those of you who are as old as Mark) It was a real let down mainly because the music he opened with lacked the energy of the presentation ceremony to the winners of the tournament. It did slowly build up but there really wasn’t a good reaction from the crowd. So Deadmau5 decided to rage quit by cutting to “Levels” by Avicii. Anyone that doesn’t know, Deadmau5 hates that song. The crowd actually got into it. So he cut the song off and started running around flailing his arms around. People are wondering if it was a troll but I’m pretty sure it was a rage quit. The moral of the story is to know your audience and the situation you’re playing in. It’s something I always take into consideration whenever I have a gig to play. Sometimes covers are appropriate. Sometimes they aren’t. Turns out that even the pros can make mistakes.

This is a really patchy post isn’t it. But that’s what happens when you’re writing something in the middle of a meeting. So there you go.

I finally copied off the files from my 2TB hard drive that I wanted to put into my PC. Then I discovered that it was a Western Digital Green. Those run less than 7200 rpm. Fortunately it’s only for file storage because I already have the SSD for the OS and games. The graphics card I was originally planning to get today I will have to get next week. Mainly because I’m here at this meeting.

And I did my report on the Speedrun Marathon! Trying to mention what I had from the top of my head because Ethan is away unwell. But I think I covered everything. Wait, I’m talking about AVCon! BAD JENNY!

So my plan for the next 24 hours:

Learn LaTeX
Write and submit minutes of uni meeting with LaTeX.
Go to lecture on Algorithms.
Start assignment on Distributed Systems.

But for now I’ll just chill at this meeting, after this meetings and when I get home tonight.

So until tomorrow,


Have Fun and Stay Sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment