Sunday 16 August 2015

Everyone loves Cookies so why not click them?

So I know I’m pretty late when it comes to writing this post and I never ended up doing one yesterday. But I have said that there will be 31 Blaugust posts so that means there WILL still be 31 Blaugust Posts. Even if I have to do two in one day.

For the last few months I’ve been playing this online game by the name of Cookie Clicker. It’s really just an automated procrastination tool that I am adamant I will make sure I complete 100%. That means all achievements and upgrades unlocked. How I works is that you have a massive cookie. Every time you click the cookie and you end up with a cookie in the bank. You can then use those cookies to buy devices that generate more cookies. The first upgrade is a cursor that clicks the cookie every 10 seconds. The first one costs 16 cookies but the cost goes up after each one you buy. There are the grandmas that bake a cookie every second. Then there are Cookie Farms, Cookie Factories, Cookie Mines (the upgrades start getting ridiculous), Cooke Shipments (from space), Alchemy Labs, Portals, Time Machines, Antimatter Condensers and Prisms where you make cookies from light itself. They are all well and good but then there are the upgrades you can buy for your devices that make your devices increase their cookie rate.

I love it for the efficiency involved in making the cookies. But I don’t stop there. For then there is the world of Cookie Clicker plugins! Being a browser based games there had to be JavaScript plugins to make the game even more efficient. The one I use is call Frozen Cookies. First off it automatically clicks the cookie 250 times a second. But it also automatically buys the most efficient device or upgrade. Basically the game is playing itself. But I love keeping track of it.

I only have two achievements left then I have completed the game 100%. The first one is to have 400 cursors. I have 381 but remember that the cost goes up every time you buy one. That means the next one will cost 1.945 septillion cookies. And I am currently generating approximately 31.896 quintillion cookies a second which means getting to 400 will take months running the game non stop. The other achievement is to generate 1 octillion cookies. That could take up to a year.

 Fortunately there are more parts of the game that would make it quicker but that could be another posts itself.

So until tomorrow,

Have Fun and Stay Sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment