Wednesday 12 August 2015

Not being able to do my planned post. It's only a Rarity occasion.

I had a plan all worked out for what I was going to do for today post. I honestly did. It was going to relevant to my day and it was going to be really interesting. But then I came down with a screaming headache so I didn’t feel up to doing it. It was going to take a lot of thought and concentration which right now, I don’t feel I currently have. So I need a fall back today. Something I can do straight from the top of my head. Something with which I can type about until the cows come home.

Did I say cows? I actually meant to say Ponies.

It’s now time to write about the fair Rarity. She’s an entrepreneur who runs a successful business in the town. Of course, because this is a kids show aimed at a female target audience, that business happens to be a fashion boutique. But like I said, she’s definitely successful as she is an up and coming high fashion designer. There obviously had to be some kind of fashion related element to the show and it’s done relatively well given the circumstance. Rarity speaks in a Mid-Atlantic Accent (one of those fancy ones people put on when they try so sound sophisticated) and is a drama queen. This adds more of a comedic angle to it all. Te fashion angle has also been taken fun of during the show considering horses don’t generally wear clothes.

Rarity is a Unicorn and can do some basic magic. But her specially is in mining for jewels that she uses in her creations. It’s not referenced very often but there was one episode in the first season where it was the main focus. She was hunting for them when she was kidnapped by some greedy dogs who wanted to force her to hunt for gems for them. Naturally the rest of the Mane sis wanted to go rescue her because they knew she wouldn’t be able to cope with being a prisoner down a mine where there is dirt. They also thought she wouldn’t cope with her captors.

This is actually how she dealt with it.



Turns out she does actually have street smarts and managed to have them all wrapped around her little finger. So when all of her friends arrived to save her she basically was like, “Cool. Now I have all of you here, you can carry all these gems I found to my house for me.”

There was another big episode for her in the first season where she volunteered to make dresses for her friends who were going to a ball. What happened is something that happened to me once when I was “given an opportunity” two write some music for an event. I did what I thought would be appropriate for the occasion, as did Rarity did what she thought was appropriate. We were both happy with our creations. But then the recipients started to nitpick with what they wanted the end product to be. Rarity got asked by everyone if she could change her designs. This progressively got worse and worse. It got to the point where she wasn’t proud of her creations any more. I felt the same way with my music. My solution to the dilemma was to get a second opinion. Someone who I trusted and that they trusted as well. In the end we tweaked it to be similar to what I had done in the first place. In Rarity’s case the original dress were fine all along. I guess the moral of that story was that the customer is not always right. This sort of situation happens all the time in the film industry. There even used to be the Alan Smithy escape clause for these exact situations. I suggest you look into it and you’ll be surprised.

Of course no mention of Rarity would be complete without mentioning Spike the Dragon. He’s actually Twilight’s assistant and helps her out with her spells and paperwork. But why am I mentioning him in Rarity’s post?

Probably because of the massive crush he has on her.



I was trying to find a video from the show to demonstrate that and this was the best I could come up with. You try searching for “Spike and Rarity” and you will be horrified. Lets just say the slash paring fan art is strong with this one.

Everyone knows about the crush including Rarity herself and deep down I think Spike knows that it may not be a realistic. After all they’re all friends.

...and it’s still a kids show. There’s that.

So I think I managed to fudge my way through another day of Blaugust whist on a headache that could well be a migraine. I de finely need to relax and hope it wears off.

So until tomorrow,

Have Fun and Stay Sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment